Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pet day at Fordell

It was a very exciting week getting ready for pet day! The whole school had to work really hard making posters, vegetable creations, sand saucers and icing biscuits all in one week. To make all these things we had to bring the things to make them to school so family and older sisters or brothers
couldn't help out.
I brought a calf to pet day which I had worked really hard on by, leading her every day, putting on and off her cover, feeding her and also cleaning her. This week Fordell school had the young farmer heats going on and I got in to the final which was a great achievement.
When arriving at pet day anything could happen. Before I walked in to the judging ring I told my calf to try and be good and she did. My sister's calf also did very well and it was against my calf to become champion. All we could do is wait and see at prize giving. Meanwhile, the young farmer competition took place and I used my silks, ran as fast as I could and won it! I didn't know how that happened but I did. It turned out that I also got champion calf with  my sister getting a close second.
Everyone else did really well and all got prizes but really, it's not about winning ,it's about having a good time and I sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment